Saturday 17 October 2015

Day 1 of reduce food waste

When I was invited to take part in this initiative I was thrilled!! Being a busy dad of two young daughters, a hubby and a blogger I thought this should be fun. Also being a veggie for another few days (includes no eggs) posed an extra dimension!!

Started with dinner last night of vegetable pakora, risotto, home made soup, Moroccan cous cous salad (bought from TESCO) and homemade yoghurt and mint chutney.


This looks and sounds tricky to put together but I did all of this in less than an hour!! This fed 4 of us. I had some greens and veg in my fridge which I cut and cooked then puréed. Whilst this was cooking I made risotto using arborio, mushrooms, leeks and a veggie stock cube. I had Greek yoghurt which I mixed with some mint chutney. I had made pakoras the day before so I did not cook those fresh. I used spinach, potato, onion and spices in a gram flour batter and fried in sunflower oil. Like I said I had a tub of the cous cous.

So there you have it, all the food I used was in my fridge or pantry. All easy to cook and serve up and it went down a treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment