Friday 26 May 2017

Gin Afternoon Tea

There is no better way to spend a glorious Friday afternoon than to have a heavenly Afternoon Tea in The Conservatory, overlooking the river at Galgorm Resort And Spa


I was invited along to sample The Gin Afternoon Tea- I had everything on offer except the arrival Gin cocktail and the Gin Champagne cocktail.



With my savouries I had a delicious cup of Little Green Bag tea, from India (which I had without milk) which worked very well. The savouries were Cucumber Gazpacho, Gin Cured Salmon Gravalx, Potted Duck with Gin and Lavender Jelly and a finger sandwich of Chicken with Martini Aioli. The mini servings were subtly flavoured with Gin and really went down a treat.


For sweets I started with Freshly Baked Scone with Raspberry Gin Jam with clotted cream, note the cream always goes on first-I tried it both ways haha!! Then I tucked into Lemon and Cucumber Cake laced with Hendricks, Vanilla Panacotta with a Sloe Gin Jelly, Brockmans Berry Macaroon, Oranged Infused Gin Tart and a walnut cake (and not the marshmallow). 

The scone was soft and moist and cream and jam were excellent. The cakes were moist and delicious and not too strong with gin. The panacotta was velvetty and probably my favourite, clever use of gin jelly. The macaroon was purple and hard and dry outside, soft and moist inside and the tart filling was again rich and creamy and pastry was firm and not stodgy. My tea choice here was Black Beauty from India and I had this with a drop of milk.


The venue was absolutely fitting for this Regal Gin Afternoon Tea, service was second to none and I managed to get a few minutes with Matthew the Bar Manager and Gin Expert to give me a run down on the different gins used- he really is a font of knowledge!!. The cutlery and crockery befitted the occasion!! I would like to thank Jane and Matthew for making my visit today a very memorable experience. The price tag of £34.94 is per person and includes two Gin cocktails and a selection of 11 teas (from India, China, Spain, South Africa and Egypt) supplied by Johnson Coffee!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment