Wednesday 14 June 2017

Chicken masala

I want to share with you a fantastic, quick and useful recipe for Chicken Masala. For the chicken I used six rotisserie thigh pieces from Tesco, which I skinned and deboned (only because my wife doesnt like skin and my two daughters find on the bone meat too messy!!). To these pieces I added a tablespoon of chopped fresh fenugreek and one of coriander.


For the masala I heated a tablespoon of ghee to which I added my spices of 1 teaspoon turmeric, 2 of garam masala, 1 of cumin seeds and 1 of salt. Then I added a diced onion and 2 teaspoon of ginger/garlic paste. This was cooked for a few minutes then I added one diced tomato and 1 tablespoon of tomato purée. This was simmered with a small glass of water and reduced. 


The chicken was then introduced and simmered for 5 minutes. The seasoning was checked and when perfect will be served with parathas and my healthy chick pea and mushroom brown rice pilau-oh and of course my chilli achar!!! 


This is a super way of using remnants of a roast chicken, for example and is quick, cheap and easy to make. 

If you have any comments please email me on: belfastfoodman@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment